We recommend 2-6 of the rectangular bags for the congregate meal sites, though these bags can also be utilized when delivering individual meals in clamshell containers as well. Again ask your dining services provider if they have good sources to purchase the insulated bags from. If they don’t, two other options are found below:
- Option one: These are nylon, soft-sided. They come in a variety of colors. It will fit two 4’’ pans or four 2’’ pans. It will also snugly fit 16 8x8x3 clamshells (if packed correctly–it’s very important to pack them in a square, two rows of two, or they will tip).
- Option two: Model # GP-3. Available in different sizes to fit either clamshells or hotel pans. The material is harder, like a gym mat, more rigid than the nylon ones listed above.
- We would recommend getting 4’’ deep full pans and 2’’ deep full pans. Also some half size pans as well. I would get about 6-8 total in various sizes. http://www.webstaurantstore.com/3181/steam-table-food-pans-standard-weight-stainless-steel.html
- You might also want covers for the pans: http://www.webstaurantstore.com/full-size-solid-steam-table-hotel-pan-cover/4070110.html
- You might also want a plastic food storage container for dry donations (though you can use hotel pans for this as well. http://www.webstaurantstore.com/clear-carlisle-1061107-storplus-food-storage-box-18-x-12-x-6/700181206CL.html
Spices and staples
These are the basic spices staple foods that you will need for a Campus Kitchen. You can purchase them through the food vendor or hold a grocery store food drive asking for these items. As your kitchen grows, you will expand this collection and may find items that you will use more than others. A great way to get these types of products donated is to to a campaign through You Give Goods. To learn more to go www.yougivegoods.com. If you have any questions about how to set this up, let us know.
- Garlic powder
- Bouillon cubes
- Baking soda
- Baking powder
- Bread crumbs
- Pam spray
- Soup (for stocks/mixing)
- Additional canned items
- Dry Pasta
- Frozen vegetables
- Frozen chicken